March 1, 2019
Union Station Kansas City
Kansas City, Missouri
8:00 am – 5:00 pm
C3KC is a Community Leadership Development Summit designed to convene stakeholders from all community sectors so that together, we can find solutions to deeply entrenched and complex social issues.
The Junior League of Kansas City, Missouri, with more than 100 years of service to this community, is bringing its knowledge and history to convene this gathering. Participants in this event will develop and enhance community leadership competencies that are easily transferable to their businesses and other organizations.
Keynote Speakers – Henry Timms and Jeremy Heimans
Henry Timms has recently been named CEO and President of the Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts, and is the former President and CEO of the 92nd Street Y, a cultural and community center that creates programs and movements to foster learning and civic engagement. He is the cofounder of #GivingTuesday, a global philanthropic movement that engages people in nearly 100 countries and has generated hundreds of millions of dollars for good causes. Read more.
Jeremy Heimans is the co-founder and CEO of Purpose, a New York-based organization that builds social movements for a more open, just and habitable world. He is the co-founder of GetUp!, an Australian political organization, as well as Avaaz, the world’s largest online citizens’ movement, now with more than 47 million members worldwide. Read more.
Timms and Heimans co-authored the book New Power: How Power Works In Our Hyperconnected World – and How to Make it Work for You, described by David Brooks in the New York Times as “the best window I’ve seen into this new world.” Their thinking on “new power” was featured as the Big Idea in Harvard Business Review, as one of 2014’s top TED talks with over 1.4 million views, and by CNN as one of the Top Ten Ideas to Change the World in 2015.
Leaders from Kansas City as well as nationally and internationally recognized speakers will lead breakout sessions on topics such as:
- Leverage Your Civic Power: Creating a Path to Personal Engagement
- Corporate Social Responsibility: How to Build an Action Plan for Your Organization
- Next Generation Social Entrepreneurs: How Taking a Big Risk Can Generate Big Community Results
- Board Design: Develop a System That Works in Today’s World
- Civility in Public Discourse
- From Unconscious Bias to Inclusive Leadership
- Tech Power: Leverage Today’s Tools to Democratize Technology
- Finding Your Brand’s Voice
- Collaborative Design Thinking: Innovation for Impact
- For-Purpose Innovators: Changing the Landscape
- A Seat at the Table: Perspectives on Women’s Leadership