The Junior League of Kansas City, Missouri (JLKCMO) is a 501(c)(3) organization of women whose Mission is to advance women’s leadership for meaningful community impact through volunteer action, collaboration, and training.
We accomplish our mission by:
• Providing a motivating and supportive environment that stimulates members.
• Increasing our impact in the Kansas City community by effectively coordinating our resources with community needs.
• Maintaining financial stability through our endowed funds and fundraising events.
• Providing comprehensive training opportunities to develop volunteers to better serve the community.
• Communicating and promoting the organization’s mission and historical significance to our membership and the community.
The Junior League of Kansas City, Missouri has a vision to be a visible group of active volunteers focused on improving the quality of life in our community.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Commitment
The Junior League welcomes all women who value our Mission. We are committed to inclusive environments of diverse individuals, organizations, and communities.
The Junior League reaches out to women of all races, religions, and national origins, who demonstrate an interest in and commitment to voluntarism. Our League currently numbers more than 1,200 strong. We are women who work full-time, part-time, and in the home; single women, married women, and mothers. We are women who share diverse interests and backgrounds as well as a desire to improve our community through volunteer action and grant-making.
Since 1914, the Junior League of Kansas City, Missouri has been associated with more than 350 community agencies and organizations. Since the League’s inception, our members have raised $19 million for our mission and given over 2.6 million hours of volunteer time. League members research areas of need in the Kansas City area and educate the membership and the community about those issues. Currently, our focus area is Women and Children.
Association of Junior Leagues International (AJLI)
Formed in 1921, the AJLI provides continuity and support, guidance and leadership development opportunities to 295 Junior Leagues in the United States, Canada, Mexico and the United Kingdom. Learn more.