Thank you for your interest in Holiday Mart. Our event will be October 19-22, 2017 at Bartle Hall Kansas City Convention Center, 301 W. 13th Street, Kansas City, Missouri.
Our application process opens February 1, 2017.
Holiday Mart, celebrating its 30th anniversary in 2017, is our largest annual fundraiser with proceeds supporting our philanthropic efforts in the greater Kansas City area and the JLKCMO’s mission of “promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of women, and improving communities through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers”.
Since its inception, Holiday Mart has raised nearly $10 million for our work in the Kansas City community. We expect this year’s Holiday Mart to carry on that tradition of excellence and community impact. With more than 20,000 shoppers expected, we hope you will consider applying for this special event!
Holiday Mart is a juried show of merchants from across the country. Space in each category is limited in order to ensure a variety of merchandise, while allowing each retailer maximum sales potential.
Required Items for Holiday Mart Applications:
- Completed application with $25 application fee payment.
- Photos of your booth and
- Samples of your merchandise.Applications will not be juried or considered complete until all required items are received.
Please note the following:
- Starting February 1, 2017 the Retailer Application will be available.
- Samples MUST be representative of 80% of the product you will bring to the show.
- Vendors may share a booth; however, the vendors must apply as a business group under the associated business names and provide samples of ALL types of merchandise to be sold. The booth must appear and be presented as one united vendor (a single vendor may NOT apply and then invite other vendors to participate).
Our wildly successful Ladies' Night Out will continue in 2017. We would appreciate the donation of your juried samples for this special event! Donations are not required for your acceptance to the show.
If you would like your samples returned, please enclose a self-addressed UPS or FedEx label with all of your pertinent information, or indicate that you will pick up your items at the Junior League of Kansas City, Missouri’s headquarters. Otherwise, your sample(s) will be included in the Ladies’ Night Out event during Holiday Mart.
Tips for submitting and applying to Holiday Mart 2017:
- Each year the committee reviewing the prospective retailer applications carefully reviews each application, samples of products and photos of booths to ensure a wide variety and great mix for our Holiday Mart experience. The committee is made up of nine women (both new and seasoned Holiday Mart members) who have chosen to volunteer their time to review each applicant fairly.
- Presentation matters, so please provide a good representation of your products and booth set up.
- Physical samples are a definite requirement to be given a fair jury review.
The application asks you to indicate your booth size and location preferences. Booth locations are limited in quantity. We try to accommodate every retailer’s requested booth size and location but are not always able to do so. Once accepted, booth assignments will be based on:
- Date application and sample(s) are received complete by the Junior League of Kansas City, Missouri;
- Receipt of proof of insurance;
- Full payment for booth and storage (if applicable).
We look forward to receiving your application. Please feel free to contact us if you have additional questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or (816) 878-MART (6278). We check email and voice mail daily and will return your call within two business days.