October 17-20, 2013
Bartle Hall, Kansas City, Missouri
Holiday Mart is the Junior League of Kansas City, Missouri’s largest fundraiser. This upscale shopping extravaganza has been a fall tradition for over twenty-five years. With over 200 specialty retailers and over 24,000 shoppers, the proceeds from Holiday Mart support community projects sponsored by JLKCMO, including our commitment to Children's Fitness and Nutrition. Since it began in 1987, Holiday Mart has helped to raise more than $8 million for Kansas City community projects and the Junior League’s mission. A donation to this fund helps to offset the costs of the event, allowing more funding for our projects. Tickets go on sale on September 1, 2013.
The 2011 Holiday Mart was recognized for its success in marketing at the annual conference of the Association of Junior Leagues International, Inc. (AJLI). Thanks for your support in helping us make this a great event year after year.
Save the date - Friday, March 1, 2013!
From date nights to girls night on the town, the Junior League of Kansas City, Missouri's second annual Take Five is THE cocktail party to attend this year! Save the date for Friday, March 1 to attend this fundraiser event and have a chance to win one of many luxurious prize packages valued at over $1000. Plus, you could walk away with $5000 cash by entering in Take Five’s Enter-to-Win Grand Prize drawing. All proceeds from Take Five will benefit the Junior League of Kansas City, Missouri.
The second annual Take Five event will be held at The Foundation – one of the hottest new private event spaces in town, located in the trendy West Bottoms area of Kansas City. The VIP party will be hosted in The Ship, a "speakeasy" connected to The Foundation. VIP tickets and Take Five event tickets can be purchased online. The VIP party is from 7 - 8:30 pm and the Take Five event is from 8:00 - 11:00 pm.
Soak up the evening’s live entertainment while chatting with old and new friends. Observe the creation of an original art piece by a local artist while partaking in delicious food sponsored by Urban Table, BRGR and Gram & Dun, the presenting sponsor for Take Five 2013. Click here for a presentation of the Take Five details.
Official Beer Sponsor Official Wine Sponsor
Space is limited so don’t delay! The VIP room is expected to sell out, so get your tickets early! All tickets must be purchased in advance. No ticket sales are allowed at the door.
What and where is The Foundation and The Ship?
Based on feedback received from focus groups within the League, members wanted a unique venue not open to the public. The Foundation space has rustic barn wood floors, an antique bar and other eclectic decor. The Ship interior is a dismantled and reassembled nautical bar from 10th and Baltimore, with a campy nightclub feel. The event space is located at 1221 Union Ave in the West Bottoms, and directions will be posted on the JLKCMO website. We will have plenty of signage directing you to the complimentary valet station at the front door of The Foundation.
What to Wear?
Dress is fun cocktail attire. For the ladies, a cute cocktail top with great pair of jeans, cocktail dresses and blouse/skirt apparel is suitable for the event. Gents can wear jeans or trousers with a nice shirt and or sports jacket. So put your best hipster/First Fridays cocktail look together and come party with us!
Prizes, Prizes, Prizes!
1. Take Five Enter-to-Win $5,000 Cash Prize Tickets - $25 each. For every one $25 ticket purchased you will also receive one $5 raffle ticket for a chance to win Take Five Prize Packages. You will receive your raffle ticket at the door of the event.
500 tickets maximum to be sold.
Must be 21 to enter at time of entry.
DO NOT need to be present to win $5,000 Cash Prize.
Tickets available for purchase by emailing Angie (bookkeeper) your phone number at email@example.com (due to bad weather conditions) or at the event.
Tickets purchased at the event must be purchased with credit or debit card - cash and checks will NOT be accepted at the event.
2. Take Five Prize Packages - Raffle Tickets - $5 each (details of packages listed below).
- Drawing for Prize Packs will be during the event.
- No limit on the number of prize pack raffle tickets purchased.
- Must be present to win.
- Tickets available for purchase by emailing Angie (bookkeeper) your phone number at firstname.lastname@example.org (due to bad weather conditions) or at the event.
- Tickets purchased at the event must be purchased with credit or debit card - cash and checks will NOT be accepted at the event.
Here’s a quick sample of some of the packages you could win!
- Men’s Package - This one’s just for the guys! Think grills, golf, and more!
- First Fridays Package - Celebrate the Arts in Kansas City! This package will include original art created at the event by local artist Stephanie Summers, with framing furnished by Hilliard Gallery, a one year membership to Hello Art, local photography by Andrea Nigh, and more!
- Girls Night Out Package - Use this one for a night out with your friends, a bachelorette party, or split it up for multiple nights of fun! This includes a class for 12 at Quixotic, in-home appetizer prep, dinner out on the town, and more!
- Wedding Package - $1,000 gift card to Belle Bridal, a wedding bouquet, hair and makeup for your big event, and wedding coordination services.
- Jazzoo Package - Two early entry (VIP) Jazzoo tickets plus a VIP parking pass, hotel for the night, and morning-after brunch gift card.
To Purchase Tickets - Click Here
Take Five proceeds will benefit the mission of the Junior League of Kansas City, Missouri. The Junior League of Kansas City, Missouri (JLKCMO) is a 501(c)(3) organization of women committed to promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of women and improving communities through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers. Its purpose is exclusively educational and charitable.